(Above: Stana Katic in ‘Absentia’)
Looking to binge on a new series this weekend?
Absentia, a 10-episode drama that involves the mysterious disappearance – and reappearance – of an FBI agent, debuts tomorrow, February 2, on Amazon Prime.
Castle’s Stana Katic, who also serves as executive producer, stars as FBI agent Emily Byrne, who vanishes while on the trail of a serial killer, only to turn up six years later in a cabin in the woods, “barely alive, and with no memory of the years she was missing.”
After her long absence, Byrne returns “home to learn her husband has remarried and her son is being raised by another woman,” then “soon finds herself implicated in a new series of murders… Forced to prove her innocence, Emily goes on the run. But the closer Emily gets to answers, the more she puts herself and her family in danger.”
The cast includes Jack Reacher: Never Go Back’s Patrick Heusinger as Emily’s husband and fellow FBI agent Nick; as well as Downton Abbey’s Cara Theobold, Sleepy Hollow’s Neil Jackson, False Flag’s Angel Bonanni, The Dog of War’s Paul Freeman, Narcos’ Bruno Bichir, The Conjuring 2’s Patrick McAuley and the Game of Thrones’ Richard Brake and Ralph Ineson.
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021