(Above: Gorgeous Gorgeous George attempting to pin another wrestler to the mat. Image by Stanley Kubrick from ‘Look’ magazine photo assignment, 1948. From Wikimedia Commons.)
For fans of classic wrestling, it might not get any better than this: a free 13-hour marathon of action ranging from Andre the Giant, Gorgeous George and the original GLOW gals, to comic Andy Kaufman battling Jerry “The King” Lawler.
The marathon includes the following documentaries:
Brawlin’ Beauties 2, which goes even further back into the roots of women’s wrestling (one hour);
The Glory Days of Wrestling, with matches from pro wrestling’s first TV golden age in the 1950s, including Dick the Bruiser, “Haystack” Calhoun and Gorgeous George. (two hours).
Can’t wait for the marathon? All the docs above can be accessed now on demand at Shout Factory TV. Just click or tap on their titles above!
And here, from YouTube, enjoy some classic Kaufman-Lawler action:
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021