(Above: Gorgeous Gorgeous George attempting to pin another wrestler to the mat. Image by Stanley Kubrick from ‘Look’ magazine photo assignment, 1948. From Wikimedia Commons.)
For fans of classic wrestling, it might not get any better than this: a free 13-hour marathon of action ranging from Andre the Giant, Gorgeous George and the original GLOW gals, to comic Andy Kaufman battling Jerry “The King” Lawler.
The marathon includes the following documentaries:
Brawlin’ Beauties 2, which goes even further back into the roots of women’s wrestling (one hour);
The Glory Days of Wrestling, with matches from pro wrestling’s first TV golden age in the 1950s, including Dick the Bruiser, “Haystack” Calhoun and Gorgeous George. (two hours).
Can’t wait for the marathon? All the docs above can be accessed now on demand at Shout Factory TV. Just click or tap on their titles above!
And here, from YouTube, enjoy some classic Kaufman-Lawler action:
- ‘Will & Grace’ Returns - October 23, 2019
- A Meeting of Kings - October 22, 2019
- ‘Intelligent Lives’ Doc - October 21, 2019
- Dorothy Stratten Videos - October 18, 2019
- YouTube’s ‘Booktube’ - October 17, 2019
- Facebook’s ‘Limetown’ - October 16, 2019
- An Ad-Supported MHz - October 16, 2019
- ‘Craig Fixada America’ - October 15, 2019
- Fill up on ‘Corner Gas’ - October 14, 2019
- Robert Forster Sampler - October 14, 2019