(Above: The cast of the original ‘Murphy Brown,’ including Candice Bergen, center, who will definitely return in the revival, and to her right, Lily Tomlin, a regular during the show’s last two seasons)
With yesterday’s announcement of a CBS Murphy Brown revival for next season, fans of the original sitcom (1988-1998) may want to catch up on old episodes, while younger viewers may just want to check out what all the fuss is about.
For a quick taste of Murphy, here’s Bette Midler on what used to be the show’s final episode:
Full episodes? You can’t stream Murphy Brown anywhere. To see the series, you must tune in to over-the-air channel Antenna TV, where Murphy runs weeknights at 10 pm ET and weekends at 5 pm.
You can watch Antenna TV for free even if you don’t subscribe to cable, satellite or telco TV by using…as its name implies…an antenna hooked up to your TV set. Visit Antenna TV’s Channel Finder to find your local station.
And what about Roseanne, a sitcom from the same era (1988-1997) that’s returning to ABC with new episodes on March 27?
Original episodes can be streamed on Amazon Prime.
If you’re not an Amazon Prime subscriber, you can buy individual episodes from 99 cents each at iTunes or Google Play – or watch the series free on over-the-air channel Laff, where six episodes run every day of the week (9 pm-11 pm, and 1 am-2 am).
To find your local Laff station, visit Find Laff TV.
- She’s Molly of Denali - July 15, 2019
- ‘Brash Girls Club’ Trio - July 15, 2019
- Fox Brings Back Decades - July 12, 2019
- ‘Point Blank’ Binge - July 12, 2019
- Streaming Rip Torn - July 11, 2019
- Friends in High Places - July 10, 2019
- Verrry Interesting… - July 10, 2019
- Prime Taylor Swift - July 9, 2019
- Unicorn Killers - July 9, 2019
- PBS Goes to the Moon - July 8, 2019