(Above: Yon González and Amaia Salamanca star in ‘Grand Hotel’)
“Think Downton Abbey on steroids in Spain. But with less #richpeopleproblems, more murder.”
In the 39-episode, English-subtitled series set in 1905, a man disguises himself as a footman at a family-owned hotel in order to investigate the mysterious disappearance of his sister. And that’s just the first episode…
If you live in the Los Angeles area, or use Roku or Apple TV, you can watch each subtitled weekly episode of Grand Hotel before the streams begin by tuning into KCET channel 28 Sundays at 10 pm PT, or Link TV (channel 28.2 in LA, and Roku or Apple TV nationwide) Mondays at 9 pm. Then, anyone can stream each episode afterwards for one week only at kcet.org/shows/grand-hotel or linktv.org/shows/grand-hotel.
Can’t stand to wait a week for the next episode? If you’re a Netflix subscriber, you can binge all 39 episodes right now.
Originally titled Gran Hotel, the series premiered on Spain’s Antena 3 in 2011, running for three seasons. Eva Langoria and ABC are now reportedly developing a US version set in Miami Beach.
Finally, since the Oscar nominations were announced today, we must point out that this Grand Hotel has nothing to do with the 1932 MGM blockbuster of the same name. With an all-star cast including Greta Garbo, John Barrymore and Joan Crawford, Grand Hotel remains the only movie ever to win Best Picture without being nominated in any other category. You can stream it for just $2 from Vudu.
- ‘Carl Weber’s Influence’ - February 20, 2020
- Redbox Free Live TV - February 19, 2020
- ‘Sacred Lies,’ Season 2 - February 18, 2020
- ‘Odd Squad,’ Season 3 - February 17, 2020
- ‘Fairy Tale Weddings’ - February 14, 2020
- GetTV’s Grizzly Saturday - February 13, 2020
- Galaxy S20’s Flipboard TV - February 13, 2020
- Hulu’s Musical Debuts - February 12, 2020
- Watch V-Day Marathons - February 11, 2020
- RIP Bean, Conrad - February 10, 2020