Google the words “Netflix” and “Blockbuster” together and you’ll learn how the latter, once-invincible, major video chain turned down Netflix’s offer to be its streaming provider 18 years ago.
But if you want to stream Blockbuster, a 2018 French-language, English-subtitled romantic comedy debuting tomorrow, January 24, avoid Google and go straight to Netflix’s Blockbuster page.
Non-Netflix subscribers who want to see an English-subtitled trailer for the film should similarly avoid YouTube and head to that same Netflix page.
For a non-subtitled French-language trailer, however, stay right here:
The film synopsis? “Dumped over a video he made to amuse his ailing dad, a heartsick Jeremy [Syrus Shahidi] hatches an elaborate scheme to win back his superhero-loving girlfriend Lola [Charlotte Gabris].”
Blockbuster, Netflix’s first original feature film released in France, was produced by Virginie Films and Rosebud Entertainment Pictures, and directed by July Hygreck.
- Emily Watson’s ‘Too Close’ - May 17, 2021
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021