Facebook Watch, Facebook’s platform for viewing TV shows, will be home for a new half-hour drama, tentatively titled Sacred Lies.
Blumhouse Television is producing the series with True Blood executive producer Raelle Tucker and True Blood director Scott Winant.
The series, which is to be based both on the Brothers Grimm‘s tale, The Handless Maiden, and the Stephanie Oakes’ novel, The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly, involves “a handless teen who escapes from a cult and finds herself in juvenile detention, suspected of knowing who killed her cult leader.”
“She’s complex, brave, funny…and sometimes dangerous. And she has no hands,” said Tucker. “But she refuses to let that, or her bizarre, brutal past define her or limit her.”
Facebook did not announce a premiere date.
Earlier this week, Facebook Watch debuted the 12-part series, Mixed Match Challenge, featuring matches between stars from two WWE brands, Raw and Smackdown.
Facebook Watch can be viewed for free on mobile, desktop and Facebook’s TV apps.
- AMC Theatres at Home - October 15, 2019
- Hulu Up North - October 14, 2019
- Boris Karloff’s ‘Thriller’ - October 11, 2019
- Jesse’s Back - October 10, 2019
- ‘Garden Party Massacre’ - October 10, 2019
- Rapping with the Stars - October 9, 2019
- Chinese Spy Thriller - October 8, 2019
- Ninja Warrior Streamer - October 8, 2019
- Borowitz on PBS - October 7, 2019
- Killer Games on Hulu - October 4, 2019