PBS Kids is offering a streaming preview of its new animated series, Pinkalicious & Peterrific, a show designed to encourage children ages three to five “to engage in self-expression and the creative arts.”
Based on Victoria Kann’s best-selling Pinkalicious book series, Pinkalicious & Peterrific “follows the adventures of Pinkalicious and her brother, Peter, as they explore the town of Pinkville with their neighborhood friends… She inspires everyone around her to be creative and find imaginative solutions to problems, and expresses herself in ways that encourage children to do the same.”
Each episode will be comprised of two animated 11-minute stories, separated by a live-action segment with kids creating art and profiles of professional artists. Guest will include blues recording artist Vaneese Thomas, New York City Ballet principal Ramar Amasar, and author-illustrator Victoria.
The show will “highlight the importance of the arts as part of a whole-child learning approach and encourage kids to express that creativity in their daily lives,” said Linda Simensky, Vice President, Children’s Programming, PBS.
You can also take a sneak peek at one of the episodes right here:
Additional preview episodes will be unveiled every Friday until February 9, when regular PBS stations will broadcast a special, one-hour premiere event. That show will feature five 11-minute stories, one of which guest stars Marlo Thomas, who voices a dragon named Gertie.
PBS Kids is a 24-hour channel, available both over-the-air and via streaming. You can see the full station list on the PBS website, where you can also search for your local outlet. Or go to RabbitEars.info for all current channel numbers.
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021