(Above: Somerset, from an episode of ‘Escape to the Country’ that ran Tuesday in the UK)
Escape to the Country, a series that’s been running on the BBC since 2002, joins subscription streamer BritBox this Saturday January 20. US viewers can also view 25 episodes on Netflix (655 episodes of the show have been produced, according to Wikipedia.)
In addition to its reality-show plotline of experts helping city dwellers find their dream homes in rural Britain, Escape to the Country also falls into the travel genre by “highlighting each area’s natural beauty and history” (per Netflix).
Some of those areas in Netflix’s collection alone include the Scottish Highlands, North Wales, Cornwall, Gloucestershire and North Yorkshire.
And, if watching Escape to the Country whets your own appetite to live in the British countryside, why not fill out an application to be on the show? We downloaded the application form ourselves, and could find no requirement that you need to already live in Britain!
“If you live in a hectic city, long for the tranquility of the countryside and are seriously thinking of moving, then please apply,” says the BBC. “We could help you find your perfect rural home.”
- An Hour of Xmas Stand-Up - December 11, 2019
- Dalai Lama – Scientist - December 11, 2019
- My Best Friend’s Famous - December 10, 2019
- ‘Judy’ Goes on Sale - December 10, 2019
- RIP Star Trek Trio - December 9, 2019
- Hulu’s Noirish ‘Reprisal’ - December 4, 2019
- Bluprint ‘Runway’ Tie-In - December 4, 2019
- Tech Classics on YouTube - December 3, 2019
- A Kiwi Crime Thriller - December 3, 2019
- ‘One Day at Disney’ - December 2, 2019