CuriosityStream yesterday marked Stephen Hawking’s 76th birthday by premiering the second episode of Stephen Hawking’s Favorite Places.
In the 27-minute show, aptly titled Stephen Hawking’s Favorite Places 2, the famed astrophysicist guides his CGI spaceship, the SS. Hawking, on “a very personal flyover of his childhood haunts in England to a shocking cliffhanger that puts him face to face with his greatest A.I. fears.” Along the way, he encounters time travel, a free fall to Venus, and “questions about aliens, God, truth, and climate change.”
The first episode of Commander Hawking’s search for “complete understanding of the universe” premiered in September 2016 and went on to win a News and Documentary Emmy Award for Outstanding Graphic Design & Art Direction.
CuriosityStream also announced that the series’ third episode, Stephen Hawking’s Favorite Places 3, will premiere on Thursday, April 19.
You can stream the first two episodes now on CuriosityStream.
The service offers subscription plans starting at $2.99/month, after a week-long free trial. You can get more info or subscribe at CuriosityStream.com, or via iOS, Android, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Xbox One, Amazon Prime, Sling TV, VRV or smart TVs.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021