(Above: The cast of China’s ‘Chosen’)
A Chinese version of the Crackle thriller Chosen is coming to Netflix later this year.
The Mandarin-language drama, consisting of three episodes (length unrevealed) will first debut in China and Taiwan this Sunday, January 7.
The new Chosen, notes IMDb, is again “about an ordinary loving family caught in an extraordinary and deadly game.”
China’s iQIYI, which has co-produced the series with Sony Pictures Television, said the two companies “have strived to improve the quality of the adaption by infusing it with more dramatic conflicts and fine-tuning [the] quality of lead characters in the show.”
We can hear fans of This Is Us’ Milo Ventimiglia, who starred in the 2013-2014 Crackle original, gasping already! All Netflix subscribers can judge the accuracy of iQIYI’s statement for themselves when the new Chosen premieres — since the first nine of the 18 episodes of the Crackle version are still available for free at crackle.com/chosen. Here’s the series trailer:
The cast of Crackle’s Chosen also included Chad Michael Murray and Rose McGowan. Crackle, like Sony Pictures Television, is owned by Sony Pictures Entertainment.
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021
- A Look at Local Now - April 23, 2021
- ‘Secrets of the Whales’ - April 22, 2021