(Above: Kate Beckinsale)
Kate Beckinsale, who appeared in Martin Scorsese’s The Aviator and more recently in The Only Living Boy in New York with Jeff Bridges, will star in an eight-episode drama series for Amazon Prime.
Amazon and the UK’s ITV have greenlit The Widow, with Beckinsale playing Georgia Wells, “who has cut herself off from her previous life and is no longer the woman she once was. After seeing her ‘late’ husband on the news,” she “will stop at nothing until she gets the truth about her past.” This includes a journey “into the depths of the African Congo where danger and revelation will greet her at every turn.”
The series will start filming this month in South Africa, Wales and Rotterdam. A launch date was not announced.
Humans’ Sam Donovan and Donkey Punch’s Olly Blackburn will direct. Harry and Jack Williams, who have produced shows for Amazon, HBO, BBC, ITV and Sky, including the comedy Fleabag, will write and executive produce. Their Two Brothers Pictures is the production company.
- Father and Son Serial Killers? - May 17, 2021
- Epic Flight to Freedom - May 14, 2021
- Wanda Sykes’ Netflix Sitcom - May 12, 2021
- Live Longer and Prosper - May 10, 2021
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021