Family-targeted BYUtv will debut its first game show this Monday, January 8, at 8 pm ET.
In each episode of Just Like Mom and Dad, three pairs of parents and their kids first discover who can best answer questions about each other before moving on to a bake-off where the kids do the cooking and the parents the tasting.
If the game sounds familiar to Canadian readers, that’s because the 20-episode series is a modern-day reboot of a classic ‘80s series, Just Like Mom:
The current version is hosted by Canadian husband and wife duo Sandy Jobin-Bevans and Kylee Evans (pictured on top, with two young game players). Previously, Jobin-Bevans and Evans acted together on the TeenNick sitcom Life with Boys. He has also hosted the Canadian game show Deal With It, while she has had recurring roles on Hallmark Channel’s Good Witch and the Canadian kids’ show The Stanley Dynamic.
Other original BYUtv content includes a sketch comedy series Studio C; a competitive reality show, Relative Race, in which four race across the US while meeting previously unknown relatives linked by DNA; a hidden camera reality show, Random Acts, in which subjects receive random acts of kindness; and a post-apocalyptic sci-fi series, Extinct.
- ‘Spides’ Free on Crackle - September 17, 2020
- ‘SummerStage Jubilee’ - September 17, 2020
- Grammy Museum Streamer - September 16, 2020
- ‘The Secrets We Keep’ - September 14, 2020
- ‘Princess Bride’ Reunion - September 11, 2020
- New Action Sports Streamer - September 10, 2020
- The Beatles’ Indian Visit - September 8, 2020
- Jerry Lewis Telethon! - September 7, 2020
- Late-Night’s Woke-Up Call? - September 4, 2020
- One and Only Bess Myerson - September 3, 2020