A year ago, in announcing the upcoming livestream of the Golden Globes red carpet arrivals, Mike Mahan, president of dick clark productions, declared, “Twitter is critical to the live element of our shows by connecting audiences through real time conversation.”
Mahan went unquoted in yesterday’s announcement that this year’s exclusive pre-show stream will move to Facebook. But Meher Tatna, president of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, was as effusive in her praise of Facebook as Mahan was of Twitter: “We’re thrilled to partner with Facebook and give viewers a front row seat…that can’t be found anywhere else. We hope to enhance the overall viewing experience so fans at home can feel they’re enjoying the show alongside their favorite stars at Hollywood’s biggest party of the year.”
The HFPA Presents: Globes Red Carpet Live, as the pre-show is officially titled, will stream this Sunday January 7, from 6-8 pm ET at facebook.com/GoldenGlobes. Hosts will include AJ Gibson, Jeannie Mai and Scott Mantz. Similar to what Twitter supplied last year, questions sourced from Facebook users will be answered and streamed from a backstage press room. Facebook 360 videos will also be streamed.
Sister service Instagram will be involved as well, with Laura Marano hosting a live @Instagram Story, and exclusive video and photo content posted to @GoldenGlobes.
Immediately following the red carpet, Seth Meyers will host the 75th Annual Golden Globe Awards from 8-11 pm on NBC, which will have it own arrivals show starting at 7 pm.
You can watch the announcements of this this year’s nominees here:
- Emily Watson’s ‘Too Close’ - May 17, 2021
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021