(Above: Peter Lorre and Vincent Price in ‘Tales of Terror.’ Source:YouTube screenshot)
On these cold January evenings, why not bundle up under the blankets with an Edgar Allan Poe thriller? Just make sure you’ve got Comet TV along on Wednesday nights all month when the free channel screens double features of films based on the author’s works.
The first two weeks will also be a feast for fans of legendary indie director Roger Corman, with four of his films featured, and for devotees of Vincent Price, who stars in three of them.
The thrills kick off at 6 pm ET tomorrow, January 3, with House of Usher (1960) and The Pit and the Pendulum (1961), and continue Wednesday, January 10, with The Premature Burial (1962, starring Ray Milland) and Tales of Terror (1962).
Here’s the House of Usher trailer:
To learm which Poe adaptations will air on the following three January Wednesdays, check the Comet TV schedule. You can watch Comet online at comettv.com, via Roku or Apple TV apps, or over the air in more than 100 markets. To see if you can view on a local station, go to comettv.com and enter your zip code.
- Emily Watson’s ‘Too Close’ - May 17, 2021
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021