Showtime is offering a free trial of its new drama series The Chi.
Premiering Sunday, January 7, 10 pm ET/PT on Showtime, The Chi is described as “a timely coming-of-age story centering on a group of (Chicago south side) residents who become linked by coincidence but bonded by the need for connection and redemption.”
Alex Hibbert plays Kevin, a “pre-teen who must step past shattered illusions and embrace the normal rites of childhood.” Jason Mitchell is Brandon, “the dreamer (who) makes his own nearly impossible leap of faith to succeed in life and love with girlfriend Jerrika,” played by Tiffany Boone. Jacob Latimore is Emmett, “the carefree teen thrust into complex responsibility with guidance from his mother Jada,” played by Yolonda Ross. Finally, Ronnie (Mwine) is “the drifter whose struggle to love and be loved calls into question his every pursuit.”
Showtime’s standalone streaming service is available at Sho.com or via Apple, Roku, Amazon, Google, Samsung, Hulu, YouTube TV, Sling TV, Xbox One and Sony PlayStation Vue. For more information about subscription options and pricing, visit sho.com/order.
- ‘Trigger Warning’ - January 17, 2019
- IMDb’s ‘UnMade’ - January 17, 2019
- ‘Discovery’ Returns - January 16, 2019
- Glutton for ‘Punisher’ - January 14, 2019
- ‘Witches’ & Streamers - January 11, 2019
- Sex Ed Dramedy - January 10, 2019
- 100 Milestone Films - January 9, 2019
- Animation for Adults - January 8, 2019
- Back to the Future Man - January 8, 2019
- Sophomore ‘Friends’ - January 7, 2019