(Above: Peter Sarsgaard as Frank Olson in ‘Wormwood’)
Did CIA employee Frank Olson commit suicide – or was it murder – when he fell to his death from a New York City hotel room in November 1953?
Filmmaker Errol Morris explores that question in Wormwood, a six-part documentary series that debuts this Friday, December 15 on Netflix.
Wormwood follows Eric Olson’s 60-year “quest to identify the circumstances of his father’s mysterious death.” Olson was a specialist in biological warfare who worked at Camp (now Fort) Detrick in Maryland. Days before Olson’s death, his CIA supervisor covertly dosed him with LSD. The family has been demanding answers ever since.
The film combines interview footage of Eric Olson and others, along with dramatic reenactments by actors such as Peter Sarsgaard who plays Frank Olson. Wormwood “examines this case from every possible angle, bringing the viewer face-to-face with some of the United States’ darkest secrets.”
For more, visit Netflix.
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021