(Above: Adriano Giannini in ‘Transatlantic Ties’)
MHz Choice, the subscription streaming service that offers US viewers English-subtitled movies and TV shows from Europe and around the world, is featuring two cops-and-robbers shows from Italy this month.
Transatlantic Ties, a two-part miniseries about police efforts to thwart the mafia, debuts today.
Adriano Giannini stars as Boris Giuliano in the true story of “a policeman in Palermo who revolutionized investigative procedures against the Mafia in the 1970s. His fluent English helped him establish a collaboration with US federal law enforcement to pursue transatlantic Sicilian heroin trafficking rings.”
On Tuesday, December 19, the four-episode second season of Inspector Coliandro debuts. Giampaolo Morelli plays Coliandro, described as “one-part Clint Eastwood, one-part Inspector Clouseau.” The “handsome but not-too-bright inspector tangling with soccer hooligans, Colombian drug dealers, larger-than-life talent scouts (and) American secret agents,” among others.
The second season first aired in Italy in 2009, The four-episode first season, which first ran in 2006, is also available on MHz Choice.
MHz did not announce when and if it would release seasons three through six.
The service costs $7.99 monthly after a 30-day free trial. Right now, you can also get 50% off your first month using the promo code HOLIDAY2017. To subscribe, or for more info, visit mhzchoice.com.
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021
- Full ‘Treatment’ on HBO Max - June 14, 2021
- Washington Heights Musical - June 11, 2021
- ‘Infinite’ Wahlberg on Paramount+ - June 9, 2021
- Romero’s Lost ‘Amusement Park’ - June 7, 2021
- HBO Max’s New ‘Conjuring’ Tale - June 4, 2021
- Peacock’s ‘Lady Parts’ Comedy - June 2, 2021
- WNBA Tips Off on Amazon - May 28, 2021
- Reanimated ‘Rugrats’ - May 26, 2021