(Above: Joanne Froggat and Ioan Gruffudd in ‘Liar’)
Subscription streamer Sundance Now will debut season one of the psychological thriller Liar this Thursday, December 7.
Joanne Froggatt, who played Anna Bates in Downton Abbey, is Laura Nielson, “a bright and dedicated teacher.” Ioan Gruffudd, who was the rubbery Reed Richards in the Fantastic Four, is “Andrew Earlham, a renowned surgeon whose son is a student at Laura’s school.” After “an innocent date, a series of volatile accusations upend both of their lives.”
Over the course of the six-episode season, it’s shown “that everyone is lying in some way until the truth ultimately reveals itself.”
The series first aired this fall on the Sundance TV cable channel.
Sundance Now, offering independent films, documentaries and TV series, costs $6.99 monthly or $59.99 annually after a seven-day free trial. It’s available at sundancenow.com, or via iOS, Android, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox, Fire TV and Chromecast.
Individual episodes of Liar are also available for $2.99 at Amazon.
- Comet’s Godzilla Summer - May 22, 2018
- Streamers Beat Cable - May 22, 2018
- Patti Smith’s ‘Horses’ - May 21, 2018
- ‘The Who Was? Show’ - May 18, 2018
- Chic, Hip Hop on Sling TV - May 17, 2018
- ‘Landing Up’ - May 17, 2018
- Robert Downey’s AI Series - May 16, 2018
- Martin Freeman ‘Cargo’ - May 15, 2018
- DC Universe Expands - May 15, 2018
- More ‘Sex Crimes’ - May 14, 2018