(Above: Joanne Froggat and Ioan Gruffudd in ‘Liar’)
Subscription streamer Sundance Now will debut season one of the psychological thriller Liar this Thursday, December 7.
Joanne Froggatt, who played Anna Bates in Downton Abbey, is Laura Nielson, “a bright and dedicated teacher.” Ioan Gruffudd, who was the rubbery Reed Richards in the Fantastic Four, is “Andrew Earlham, a renowned surgeon whose son is a student at Laura’s school.” After “an innocent date, a series of volatile accusations upend both of their lives.”
Over the course of the six-episode season, it’s shown “that everyone is lying in some way until the truth ultimately reveals itself.”
The series first aired this fall on the Sundance TV cable channel.
Sundance Now, offering independent films, documentaries and TV series, costs $6.99 monthly or $59.99 annually after a seven-day free trial. It’s available at sundancenow.com, or via iOS, Android, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox, Fire TV and Chromecast.
Individual episodes of Liar are also available for $2.99 at Amazon.
- ‘How to Be a Journalist’ - February 21, 2018
- Fox Goes Over-the-Top - February 21, 2018
- ‘The Last Rhino’ on PBS - February 20, 2018
- Post-Apocalyptic Horror - February 20, 2018
- Soup’s On - February 16, 2018
- Revry’s Funny or Die - February 15, 2018
- Shows for Preschoolers - February 15, 2018
- Grifters and Drifters - February 14, 2018
- PBS Is Most Trusted - February 13, 2018
- MoviePass’ Sweeter Deal? - February 12, 2018