(Above: Joanne Froggat and Ioan Gruffudd in ‘Liar’)
Subscription streamer Sundance Now will debut season one of the psychological thriller Liar this Thursday, December 7.
Joanne Froggatt, who played Anna Bates in Downton Abbey, is Laura Nielson, “a bright and dedicated teacher.” Ioan Gruffudd, who was the rubbery Reed Richards in the Fantastic Four, is “Andrew Earlham, a renowned surgeon whose son is a student at Laura’s school.” After “an innocent date, a series of volatile accusations upend both of their lives.”
Over the course of the six-episode season, it’s shown “that everyone is lying in some way until the truth ultimately reveals itself.”
The series first aired this fall on the Sundance TV cable channel.
Sundance Now, offering independent films, documentaries and TV series, costs $6.99 monthly or $59.99 annually after a seven-day free trial. It’s available at sundancenow.com, or via iOS, Android, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox, Fire TV and Chromecast.
Individual episodes of Liar are also available for $2.99 at Amazon.
- Skateboarders and Quotas - August 15, 2018
- A ‘SuperMansion’ Vacation - August 14, 2018
- Trumpeter Botti on PBS - August 14, 2018
- Vengeful ‘Upgrade’ - August 13, 2018
- ‘Pool Party Massacre’ - August 10, 2018
- Roddenberry Nirvana - August 9, 2018
- ‘Channel Zero’ on Shudder - August 8, 2018
- Spies and Cops on Acorn - August 3, 2018
- ‘Blood Clots’ Anthology - August 2, 2018
- Play with Your Food - August 2, 2018