(Above: Luke McGregor and Celia Pacquola)
The show, which takes place in a “quirky, small town” in rural Tasmania, stars real-life best friends and comedians Luke McGregor and Celia Pacquola. McGregor and Pacquola also created and wrote the series.
McGregor is Daniel McCallum, who “returns to his rural Tasmanian hometown, Rosehaven, to help his intimidating mother (Kris McQuade) with her real estate business.” Then “his best friend from the mainland, Emma (Celia Pacquola), turns up on his doorstep after her honeymoon is cut short when her husband decides to leave Bali – and their relationship – early.” The two are “are thrown into the center of small-town life with Daniel confronted at every turn by the ghosts of his adolescent past and a town that hasn’t moved on.”
The cast also includes Kris McQuade, Katie Robertson and David Quirk.
Sundance Now, offering independent films, documentaries and TV series, costs $6.99 monthly or $59.99 annually after a seven-day free trial. It’s available at sundancenow.com, or via iOS, Android, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox, Fire TV and Chromecast.
Season two is currently showing on the Sundance TV cable channel. New episodes premiere Thursdays at 1 am ET, with episodes also available for pay TV subs to stream online.
- ‘Nest’ on Acorn TV - July 13, 2020
- Send the Kids to ‘Camp TV’ - July 10, 2020
- Grown-up Animation - July 9, 2020
- NY Times Documentary Series - July 9, 2020
- Public Domain Horror - July 7, 2020
- A Streamer with Giddy-Up - July 6, 2020
- Binge July 4th TV - July 3, 2020
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 2, 2020
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - July 2, 2020
- Olivia de Havilland Turns 104 - July 1, 2020