Thicker Than Water, described as a “dark Swedish family drama,” premieres tonight on over-the-air channel MHz Worldview which, despite recently losing its New York and Chicago affiliates, can still be seen in other markets around the country.
In Thicker Than Water, set in the Åland islands midway between Sweden and Finland, a mother running a B&B dies unexpectedly, with her will stipulating that her three adult children must run the family business together for an entire summer in order to earn their inheritance: “It’s a mother’s last effort to reunite her estranged children, and it forces them to confront the family’s unsolved past and some very dark secrets…”
The first two hours of Thicker Than Water air tonight at 9 pm on MHz Worldview, with an additional eight episodes debuting on subsequent Mondays.
To find MHz Worldview locally, visit the channel’s “Where to Watch” page.
MHz Choice, which offers more than 2,000 hours of subtitled mysteries, dramas and comedies from around the world, costs $7.99 monthly after a 30-day free trial; you can currently get 50% off the first month by using the code “HOLIDAY17” at checkout. It’s available via web, iPhone/iPad, Google Play, Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, Amazon Prime and Fire TV. To subscribe, or for more info, visit mhzchoice.com.
BTW, don’t confuse MHz’s nordic-noir series with Bravo’s Thicker Than Water, a reality series about the family life of musician and former pro basketball player Ben Tankard, nor with a 1935 Laurel & Hardy comedy short of the same name, which you can watch right here!
- ‘Petrunya,’ Unlikely Rebel - June 21, 2021
- Free ‘Weasel’ & ‘Monkey’ - June 18, 2021
- Stream ‘Cracka’ Free - June 18, 2021
- Revry Escorts ‘Strut’ 6/18 - June 17, 2021
- Lubin’s Silent Film Empire - June 17, 2021
- ‘Oral’ Pilot Reading 6/17 - June 16, 2021
- Welcome Back, ‘iCarly’ - June 15, 2021
- ‘Rent’ Comes to Cuba - June 15, 2021
- Fredi Washington: ‘Ouanga’ - June 14, 2021
- Peacock Struts on JustWatch - June 11, 2021