(Pictured above: Russell Peters and William Shatner in ‘The Indian Detective’)
Canadian comedy headliner Russell Peters stars as Toronto cop Doug D’Mello, who “becomes embroiled in a murder case while visiting his father, Stanley (Anupam Kher) a retired airline pilot in India.” D’Mello’s investigation leads to David Marlowe (Shatner), a billionaire property developer involved in “a dangerous conspiracy.” As D’Mello follows the clues, he must also deal “with his own ambivalence towards a country where despite his heritage, he is an outsider.”
The international cast includes Suits’ Christina Cole, mother!’s Hamza Haq, Star Wars Episode VIII’s Akshay Kumar, Homeland’s Meren Reddy and Snake Park’s Mishqah Parthiephal.
Frank Spotnitz, who developed The Man in the High Castle, and Smita Bhide, who collaborated with Spotnitz on Transporter: The Series, created and wrote The Indian Detective for Peters.
BAFTA award-winner Sandy Johnson directed. Blue Ice Pictures and the Industrial Development Corporation of South Africa (IDC) financed the series.
- Indie Show Must Go Online - July 15, 2020
- ‘Lake of Death’ on Shudder - July 14, 2020
- Gershwin Opera on PBS - July 14, 2020
- ‘Nest’ on Acorn TV - July 13, 2020
- Send the Kids to ‘Camp TV’ - July 10, 2020
- Grown-up Animation - July 9, 2020
- NY Times Documentary Series - July 9, 2020
- Public Domain Horror - July 7, 2020
- A Streamer with Giddy-Up - July 6, 2020
- Binge July 4th TV - July 3, 2020