Mubi, which has been offering films globally since 2007 and in the US for several years now, offers a new movie every day. Each film stays on Mubi for one month, so there are always exactly 30 movies in its library.
During the next month, Mubi promises “a career spanning retrospective on the work of Jean Luc Godard, the exclusive global premiere of Radio Mary (a never before released independent gem from The Trouble With Dick director Gary Walkow), the first two films of Michael Winterbottom’s The Trip trilogy, plus Spike Lee’s Passing Strange and beloved cult favorite This Is Spinal Tap.”
CuriosityStream, created by Discovery Channel founder John Hendricks, offers features and series focusing on science, space, technology, history, nature and health. Its “most popular and binge-worthy shows” include Stephen Hawking’s Favorite Places, David Attenborough’s Light On Earth, Deep Time History and The Celts: Blood, Iron & Sacrifice.
CuriosityStream and Mubi will be part of VRV’s $9.99-per-month “combo pack,” along with Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Nerdist, Shudder, Funimation, Cartoon Hangover, Mondo, Tested and Geek & Sundry. VRV will also offer both services as stand-alone channels for $5.99 each a month.
You can also get Mubi and Curiosity Stream directly — online, and on Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, iOS, Android and other devices.
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021