(Above: Archie and Edith)
Dreading your family gathering on Thanksgiving weekend? Why not invite the Bunkers along?
Over-the-air channel Antenna TV will show every episode of iconic sitcom All in the Family from 5 am ET this Wednesday, November 22, through 4:30 am Monday morning, November 27. That’s 207 episodes covering nine seasons (1971-1979).
Antenna will take some breaks from the marathon — for Johnny Carson episodes at 10 pm and 2 am each day, and for Saturday morning kids’ shows – but if you ever planned to binge-watch the Bunkers, you won’t get a better opportunity: The series is not available over any subscription streaming service. You can, however, stream the first season for free on Crackle, or buy the first four seasons (total price $75) from iTunes.
You can also watch All in the Family in its regular Antenna TV timeslots: weekdays at 9:30 pm and 4:30 am, and Saturday/Sunday mornings at 12:30 am, all ET.
For newbies, All in the Family stars Carroll O’Connor as Archie Bunker, “a working class bigot [who] constantly squabbles with his family over the important issues of the day,” per IMDb. Other family members are his wife Edith (dubbed “Dingbat” by Archie, and played by Jean Stapleton), son-in-law Mike (“Meathead,” played by Rob Reiner) and daughter Gloria (Sally Struthers). The series won Emmies for Outstanding Comedy Series four times.
Here’s a Thanksgiving episode, The Little Atheist, from season six:
The above episode will air on Antenna TV Friday at 9 pm. Where can you watch the All in the Family marathon? Visit Antenna’s channel finder.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021