(Pictured above: Martin Freeman in ‘StartUp.’ Source: Crackle)
Free ad-supported streamer Crackle will bring its “tech-infused thriller” series StartUp back for a 10-episode third season.
Crackle didn’t announce a release date.
StartUp, a drama about “three strangers” who attempt to fund “a brilliant, yet controversial tech idea” with “dirty money,” stars CHiPS’ Adam Brody, Sherlock’s Martin Freeman, The Blacklist’s Edi Gathegi and Graceland’s Otmara Marrero.
Set in Miami, the entrepreneurs – Nick Talman (Brody), Izzy Morales (Marrero), and Ronald Dacey (Gathegi) – get funding from dubious sources for a new, unregulated digital currency. In the process, they form “ties with a dangerous, Haitian gang,” putting their venture in the crosshairs of FBI agent Phil Rask (Freeman) and their lives on the line.
StartUp launched its second eight-episode season in September, adding Californication’s Addison Timlin and Hand of God’s Ron Perlman to the cast.
Chosen’s Ben Ketai created and wrote StartUp, which is produced by Critical Content and Hollywood Gang Productions.
Last year Adam Brody talked about the show for BUILD:
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021