Two of the most innovative comedians of the past 40 years take center stage in a Netflix documentary premiering this Friday, November 17.
Chris Smith directs Jim & Andy, which examines Carrey’s Golden Globe-winning “transformation into Kaufman” over the four-month Man on the Moon shoot.
The documentary draws from approximately 100 hours of footage shot by Kaufman’s former girlfriend, Lynne Marguiles, and former writing partner Bob Zmuda.
Carrey also reflects “on how he and Andy came up in oddly parallel universes, his experience channeling Andy [and Kaufman alter ego Tony Clifton]…and more broadly the spiritual journey of his career.”
For more information, visit netflix.com/jimandandy.
If you’re unfamiliar with Kaufman’s unique stylings, here’s a sample:
- Indie Show Must Go Online - July 15, 2020
- ‘Lake of Death’ on Shudder - July 14, 2020
- Gershwin Opera on PBS - July 14, 2020
- ‘Nest’ on Acorn TV - July 13, 2020
- Send the Kids to ‘Camp TV’ - July 10, 2020
- Grown-up Animation - July 9, 2020
- NY Times Documentary Series - July 9, 2020
- Public Domain Horror - July 7, 2020
- A Streamer with Giddy-Up - July 6, 2020
- Binge July 4th TV - July 3, 2020