(Pictured above: Foo Fighters’ Dave Grohl. Source: PBS.org screenshot.)
A Foo Fighters concert from the Acropolis in Athens, Greece, will premiere tonight on PBS (10 pm ET, but check your local listings) and then be available to stream starting Saturday at pbs.org/gperf and PBS apps.
The show, officially titled Foo Fighters – Landmarks Live in Concert: A Great Performances Special, was filmed in July at the Odeon of Herodes Atticus theater at the Acropolis.
Landmarks Live in Concert is hosted by Chad Smith of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, who interviews each episode’s artists as they explore locations around a different historical or personal landmark. Previous concerts in the series have included Alicia Keys at multiple locations around New York City, Brad Paisley at West Virginia University, and Andrea Bocelli at Florence’s Palazzo Vecchio. Upcoming shows will include Kings Of Leon at the Beale Street Music Fesitval, Will.i.am reunited with The Black Eyed Peas at the Royal Albert Hall, and Prophets of Rage at the Stone Pony in Asbury Park, NJ.
For more information about the Foo Fighters program, visit PBS.org.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021