(Above: Scene from ‘Off the Grid,’ courtesy TRT World)
The channel will debut a 15-minute show about illegal organ-trafficking in the Middle East this Saturday, November 11, at 4:15 am ET.
“Silent Death on a Syrian Journey,” an episode of TRT’s series Off the Grid, finds producer/director Mouhssine Ennami visiting Lebanon where Syrian refuges Abu Ahmed and Abdallah have sold their kidneys to pay for food and shelter. Ennami then tracks down an organ trafficker and an organ-harvesting surgical assistant who talk about the organ-trafficking business.
Following its Saturday premiere, the episode will also be available on TRT World’s YouTube channel.
For more info or to stream live online, visit trtworld.com.
- ‘Craig Fixada America’ - October 15, 2019
- Fill up on ‘Corner Gas’ - October 14, 2019
- Robert Forster Sampler - October 14, 2019
- HBO’s Gary Gulman Free - October 11, 2019
- 25 Films in 25 Minutes - October 11, 2019
- Marshall Efron Classics - October 10, 2019
- RIP Rip Taylor - October 9, 2019
- A Goldbergs Yom Kippur - October 8, 2019
- Diahann Carroll Streams - October 7, 2019
- Old Meets New on ABC - October 4, 2019