(Pictured above: Samantha Morton in ‘Rillington Place’)
Oscar nominees Samantha Morton (Sweet and Lowdown, In America) and Tim Roth (Rob Roy) star in subscription streamer Sundance Now’s Rillington Place, a three-part BBC drama based on the true story of London serial killer John Christie in the 1940s and ‘50s, and of the man wrongly accused and hanged for his crimes. The series premieres this Thursday, November 9.
The case, which helped lead to the abolition of capital punishment in the UK, was formerly dramatized in the 1971 feature 10 Rillington Place, starring future Oscar-winning director Richard Attenborough (Gandhi) and Oscar nominee John Hurt ( Elephant Man, Midnight Express). You can stream the film right now, right here:
Sundance Now, offering independent films, documentaries and TV series, costs $6.99 monthly or $59.99 annually after a seven-day free trial. It’s available at sundancenow.com, or via iOS, Android, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox, Fire TV and Chromecast.
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021
- A Look at Local Now - April 23, 2021
- ‘Secrets of the Whales’ - April 22, 2021