Matt Johnson and Josh Boles play CIA agents Matt Johnson and Josh Boles who, at the height of the Cold War, go “undercover to NASA posing as a documentary film crew to investigate a potential Russian mole. Once there, however, they discover instead that NASA won’t be able to land on the moon as they’d publicly promised, and subsequently become involved in a government plot to fake the entire thing.”
Johnson and Boles wrote Operation Avalanche, with Johnson directing.
Tribeca Shortlist is also streaming Saturday Night Fever through November 30, marking the 40th anniversary of the film that made John Travolta a star.
Travolta plays Tony Manero, who was “a Brooklyn paint store clerk” by day and a “leisure suit-clad… disco king” by night.
The Bee Gees’ Saturday Night Fever soundtrack album went platinum, with such hits as “How Deep Is Your Love” and “Stayin’ Alive” becoming anthems for the short-lived disco era.
A Tribeca Shortlist subscription costs $4.99 a month, including a free seven-day trial.
For a complete list of recent additions, visit tribecashortlist.vhx.tv/recent-additions.
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021
- ‘Pray, Obey, Kill’ Docuseries - April 12, 2021