Young Sheldon, CBS’ spinoff of The Big Bang Theory, premiered to huge ratings (22 million viewers) on Monday, September 25 — and then disappeared. It returns this Thursday, November 2, at 8:30 pm ET as part of a big night on the network that also includes the premiere of its S.W.A.T. revival (10 pm) and the season premieres of Mom (9 pm) and Life in Pieces (9:30 pm).
The reason for all the CBS brouhaha, which also includes The Big Bang Theory’s move from Mondays to Thursdays (8 pm), is that Thursday Night Football has done its annual swansong from the network.
Except in the country’s largest market, that is. Because the New York Jets play this Thursday, WCBS-TV, channel 2 in New York City, will air the NFL Network’s telecast of that game instead of its own network’s touted schedule. Young Sheldon, S.W.A.T. and the rest will instead run on sister station WLNY-TV, channel 55 out of Long Island, making it much more difficult for all over-the-air viewers to partake in the fun. To watch the shows on channel 2, you’ll need to wait until 2:30 am, when Big Bang, Sheldon and S.W.A.T. – but not Mom nor Life in Pieces — are scheduled to air (barring a really long football game), following the late local news, The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, The Late Late Show with James Corden and Comics Unleashed with Byron Allen.
To get you ready, here’s a link to the first episode of Young Sheldon:
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021
- A Look at Local Now - April 23, 2021
- ‘Secrets of the Whales’ - April 22, 2021