Now that Dirk Gently is back, it’s time to say goodbye to George Gently, no relation. Both gents are British detectives, but that’s about all they have in common, the former being a quirky sci-fi private eye and the latter a pretty serious 1960s’ police inspector.
The final two George Gently TV movies will premiere on subscription streamer Acorn TV this coming Wednesday, November 1, less than two days after the 10-year-old series concludes on BBC One in the UK. You can catch up with George before then, though, by binging on 23 previous feature-length episodes already available on Acorn.
The final two episodes advance the story to 1970. George (played by Martin Shaw) is nearing retirement, and, as suggested by the show titles – “Gently Liberated” and “Gently and the New Age” – “there’s radical change for women, political paranoia in the Cold War and industrial unrest in the air.”
You can stream Acorn TV online, on Apple TV, Roku, iOS, Android and Chromecast. The service costs $4.99 for a monthly subscription or $49.99 for a year, with a seven-day free trial. For more info or to subscribe, visit acorn.tv.
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021