With the new LocalBTV app, viewers in the San Francisco and Phoenix areas can get dozens of local over-the-air channels for free on their phones — but not the “major English-language broadcast networks.”
As noted in yesterday’s press release announcing the San Francisco service, many of the available channels are in foreign languages, including Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese, Hindi and Korean. An example is DiyaTV, which serves the South Asian community from channel 26.2 in San Francisco.
Didja, the app developer behind LocalBTV, said it plans to add “the major broadcast networks” soon — for an unnamed monthly subscriber fee. The service also offers DVR capabilities for $4.95 a month, following a 30-day free trial.
Los Angeles is expected to be the next market to get the LocalBTV, Didja added, followed by another three dozen metro areas by 2020.
The Bay Area service offers more than 35 channels and the Phoenix service over 25.
For more information, visit www.didjatv.com.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021