Subscription streaming service Passionflix, available since September 1 but not officially announced until last night, offers a library of romantic-themed movies plus a brand-new adaptation of Alessandra Torre’s 2015 novel Hollywood Dirt, starring Emma Rigby and Johann Urb:
Hollywood Dirt is just the start of Passionflix’s original fare. Saying it has forged relationships with the “top romance authors in the world,” the service also announced the following film adaptations and premiere dates:
- Jill Shalvis’ The Trouble with Mistletoe (2016), in December.
- Rachel Van Dyken’s The Matchmakers Playbook (2016) and Brenda Jackson’s A Brother’s Honor (2013), early next year.
Passionflix has also optioned the rights to several book series — Jodi Ellen Malpas’ This Man, Jennifer L. Armentrout’s Wicked Saga, K. Bromberg’s The Driven, Julie Kenner’s Dark Pleasures and Maya Rodale’s Billionaire Bad Boy — as well as Kristen Ashley’s The Will (2104) and unnamed books by Melissa Foster, J. Kenner, CD Reiss, Carly Phillips & Erika Wilde, and Emma Chase.
Passionflix’s library, meanwhile, includes some 30 theatrical titles covering a range of genres and decades. They include Roman Holiday (1953), Sabrina (1995), Amelie (2001), Bride & Prejudice (2004), Moonstruck (1987) and, of course, Love Story (1970).
The service rates every film with a “Barometer of Naughtiness” from 1 (“Nice”) to 5 (“Naughty”). About half of Passionflix’s films currently are rated Nice. The only film with a “Naughty rating” is Hollywood Dirt.
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021
- A Look at Local Now - April 23, 2021
- ‘Secrets of the Whales’ - April 22, 2021