So how does a freewheeling news network gibe with a service that rates all its content based on the amount of sexuality, language, violence, drugs, nudity and other factors?
Dove says it will “provide healthy filters and offer a curated news channel for families. Because the news is often out of our control, Dove doesn’t get to screen every story, but we’ve worked with Newsy to deliver current and positive events with safe parameters while remaining relevant and engaging.”
Newsy has been “Dove Approved” for ages 12 and over, based on mild ratings for language, violence and “other.” Newsy was found to have no sexuality, drugs or nudity.
You can watch Newsy for free on Dove Channel following an easy registration,.
In addition to Newsy, Dove Channel offers much free fare, such as the 2015 movie Just Let Go and Little Rascals shorts. A monthly subscription, which gets you hundreds of additional movies and TV episodes, costs $4.99 a month. The service is available online, via smartphone apps, on Roku and Samsung Smart TVs, and via Amazon Channels. For more info, visit dovechannel.com.
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021