Game Changers is “the most comprehensive and informative history ever put together on the television game show,” Buzzr EVP and General Manager Ron Garfield told a live Facebook audience earlier this month. The two-hour documentary, hosted by Jeopardy’s Alex Trebek, premieres on the over-the-air channel this Friday October 20, at 8 pm ET/PT, with an encore showing Sunday at 2 pm.
During the documentary, which has been in production for two years, Trebek will relate his own “personal journey” into game shows and interview such genre icons as Pat Sajak, Vanna White, Peter Marshall, Regis Philbin, Howie Mandell, Drew Carey, Wink Martindale, the late Alan Thicke, and the late Monty Hall. Clips from the over 75-year history of TV game shows will also be featured.
Btw, the very first televised game show in the US was Truth or Consequences in 1941. Over-the-air channel Decades will show episodes of that long-running series tomorrow, October 19, at 3 pm ET, and the following morning at 2 am, as part of its “Lost TV” month.
So here’s a bit of game show history – Bob Barker’s TV debut, on Truth or Consequences, from New Year’s Eve, 1956:
To find where to watch Game Changers on Buzzr, go to buzzrplay.com, click on “Find Buzzr in Your Area,” and enter your zip code. In addition to Friday and Sunday, the show will also run on Buzzr at various times through November. It will also air on Fox-owned TV stations, with days and times yet to be announced. Check this list to see if there’s a Fox-owned station in your area.
To find your local Decades station, visit that channel’s Where to Watch page.
- Emily Watson’s ‘Too Close’ - May 17, 2021
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021