(Pictured above: Trevor Noah)
If you have something to get off your chest, is it funnier in virtual reality?
A seven-episode virtual reality comedy series, The Confessional, will test that theory when it premieres today on YouTube and Google’s mobile VR platform Daydream.
Felix & Paul Studios, creator of cinematic virtual reality experiences, teamed with the producers of Montreal’s Just For Laughs comedy festival, to film comedians and YouTube stars copping to humorous, embarrassing moments from the confines of the confessional – in 3D 360-degree VR. The episodes were shot during this year’s festival.
In each episode, one or two comedians reveal stories that range from “a first date gone wrong, to an ongoing prank on a known comedian, to a nightmare car ride to Vegas.”
“Think of Comedians in Cars or Between Two Ferns, but in the highly immersive, intimate and personal medium of virtual reality where the viewer essentially becomes the host,” said Paul Raphaël, co-founder and creative director of Felix & Paul Studios.
Stream The Confessional on Felix & Paul Studio’s YouTube channel.
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021