The animated series, from The Simpsons creator Matt Groening, is set 1,000 years from now in New York. It stars Fry, voiced by Billy West, who is accidentally transported to the future. There Fry learns “against a backdrop of pesky aliens, exasperating robots and malfunctioning gadgets, people still struggle with the same daily anxieties of life and love… and, of course, traffic is still a nightmare!”
Futurama also features the voice of Katey Sagal as Leela, “a beautiful female alien who can kick some serious butt,” and John DiMaggio as Bender, “a hopelessly neurotic assembly line robot.”
The series is being yanked from rival Netflix, making Hulu Futurama‘s exclusive streaming home. But what “exclusive streaming” actually means remains to be seen. For example, Google Play currently offers full seasons for purchase ($9.99 each) and individual episodes ($1.99 each).
The four Futurama movies – Futurama: Bender’s Big Score, Futurama: Bender’s Game, Futurama: The Beast with a Billion Backs, and Futurama: Into the Wild Green Yonder – can also be purchased for $12.99 each on Vudu.
- ‘Is That Chris Ramsey?’ - February 23, 2018
- Rats and Racism - February 22, 2018
- ‘Consider Phlebas’ - February 22, 2018
- ‘How to Be a Journalist’ - February 21, 2018
- Fox Goes Over-the-Top - February 21, 2018
- ‘The Last Rhino’ on PBS - February 20, 2018
- Post-Apocalyptic Horror - February 20, 2018
- Soup’s On - February 16, 2018
- Revry’s Funny or Die - February 15, 2018
- Shows for Preschoolers - February 15, 2018