(Photo source: Youtube screenshot)
There are volcanic media personalities – and then there’s gravel-voiced provocateur Alex Jones.
Jones, operator of the Infowars website and host of its flagship program The Alex Jones Show, has gained national notoriety for inflaming passions. His promotion of such conspiracy theories as the 2012 Sandy Hook massacre (he claimed it was staged) and Pizzagate (for which he later apologized) has helped keep him in the headlines.
Earlier this year, John Oliver devoted an entire segment to the Jones’ phenomena on his weekly HBO show:
Is Jones a performance artist? Culture warrior? A shameless purveyor of fake news (a term that seems to have lost any meaning due to deliberate overuse by the White House and Jones himself), Jones does have a devoted online following – more than 2.1 million subscribers on Youtube – and now an over-the-air presence.
The Great Plains Television Network, LLC announced it is partnering with Infowars to broadcast 24/7 news and commentary in the Wichita-Hutchinson, KS, area on KGPT’s over-the-air channel 26.10. (KGPT also carries conservative news network NewsMax on 26.9.)
GPT General Manager John Pappert said in a statement that he is proud to carry such a “staunchly conservative online news network.”
Infowars produces 10 hours of live news daily, including The Alex Jones Show, Real News with David Knight, and War Room with Owen Shroyer.
To be filed under ‘I know you are but what am I?,’ here’s an unexpurgated Jones labeling CNN “fake news”:
- Jack White On Prime - September 21, 2018
- Danza’s ‘The Good Cop’ - September 20, 2018
- Talk Like a Pirate Day - September 19, 2018
- Stolen Lottery Ticket? - September 19, 2018
- Mind-Fixing ‘Maniac’ - September 18, 2018
- ‘Dead Lucky’ - September 18, 2018
- Curious About Ancient Cats - September 17, 2018
- ‘Married … with Children’ - September 14, 2018
- ‘Law & Order: UK’ - September 13, 2018
- ‘Forever’ Marriage - September 13, 2018