Scheduled to debut in 2018, the special, produced by Creative Arab Talent, will offer Karam’s take on “everything from relationships to social issues that most Arabs face every day with his distinctly Arab blend of smart, sarcastic humor.”
“Adel Karam is a very strong voice in comedy. We…can’t wait for the local audience, who have a deep appreciation of comedy, to watch the show, as well as to introduce him to our global audience,” said Erik Barmack, vice president of international originals at Netflix.
SiriusXM radio show host and stand-up comedian Dean Obeidallah wrote about the emerging Arab comedy scene in 2008. More recently, Northwestern University in Qatar, in its 2016 survey of media use in the Middle East, found that 59% of Lebanese respondents listed comedy as one of their favorite online video genres.
- ‘We Are Rising’ - February 19, 2018
- Need a Life Coach? - February 13, 2018
- 90 Years in Showbiz - December 29, 2017
- #5: Prescription Laughs - December 26, 2017
- Wrongfully Convicted? - December 18, 2017
- ‘Dead Man’s’ Walk #4? - December 7, 2017
- Stream ‘The Eyeslicer’ - December 6, 2017
- Prescription Laughs - November 9, 2017
- Arab Stand-Up - October 11, 2017
- Tuff TV Q&A - August 16, 2017