There’s just something about that Dutch Colonial on the south shore of Long Island.
Perhaps the most famous haunted house in filmdom gets new owners when Amityville: The Awakening opens in select US theaters on Saturday, October 28.
But devotees of the Amityville legend don’t have to wait that long. Google Play will stream the film online – for free – this Thursday, October 12, through Wednesday, November 8.
Do we really need to tell you the plot? Famous in Love’s Bella Thorne plays Belle, who moves with her family into 112 Ocean Avenue. When funny stuff starts happening Belle suspects her mother, played by The Hateful Eight’s Jennifer Jason Leigh isn’t giving her the full story. Then it dawns on Belle: They’ve “just moved into the infamous Amityville house where between illusion and reality lies evil.”
Written and directed by Franck Khalfoun, the cast also includes Shameless’ Cameron Monaghan, Melissa & Joey’s Taylor Spreitler, Gifted’s Mckenna Grace, Once Upon a Time’s Jennifer Morrison and That 70’s Show‘s Kurtwood Smith.
The 10th iteration in the Amityville series, The Awakening was originally scheduled for theatrical release in 2015, but delayed several times. It is also a direct sequel to The Amityville Horror, released in 1979. You can rent that version on Google Play for $2.99, as well as from other sites.
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021