(Pictured above: Rachel Brosnahan as ‘Mrs. Maisel.’ Source: YouTube screenshot)
Craving more episodes of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, whose Amazon pilot has proven marvelously popular?
Amazon Prime has just scheduled its first season launch for Wednesday, November 29 – but still with no indication of how many episodes you’ll be able to binge!
That’s particularly interesting since earlier this year Amazon made a big deal about The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel receiving an unprecedented two-season order — without revealing how many episodes would constitute a season.
Prime subscribers will find out November 29, if not earlier, by visiting Amazon’s Mrs. Maisel page. Anyone meanwhile can still watch the pilot absolutely free. The pilot garnered an average customer rating of 4.9 (out of 5), with 93% being 5-star reviews, Amazon said.
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, created, written and directed by Amy Sherman-Palladino (Gilmore Girls) and executive produced by Daniel Palladino (Family Guy), stars House of Cards’ Rachel Brosnahan as Miriam “Midge” Maisel, a housewife in 1958 Manhattan whose “perfect life suddenly takes an unexpected turn.” That’s when Midge “discovers” a talent for comedy “that takes her from her comfortable life on Riverside Drive through the basket houses and nightclubs of Greenwich Village” all the way “to a spot on Johnny Carson’s couch.”
Boardwalk Empire’s Michael Zegen is Midge’s husband Joel Maisel, Family Guy’s Alex Borstein is Susie Myerson, Monk’s Tony Shalhoub is Midge’s father Abe Weinberg, and Two and a Half Men’s Marin Hinkle is her mother Rose.
- Japan: ‘Cat Nation’ - February 23, 2018
- ‘Paw Patrol’ Joins Noggin - February 23, 2018
- Acorn’s ‘Ackley Bridge’ - February 22, 2018
- ‘Cut the Chord’ - February 22, 2018
- Depardieu’s ‘Marseilles’ - February 21, 2018
- The Zen of Streaming - February 21, 2018
- ‘The Stall’ on Amazon - February 20, 2018
- A Primer on BLK Prime - February 19, 2018
- Israeli Self-Defense - February 19, 2018
- Philip Glass Live - February 16, 2018