(Pictured above: Rachel Brosnahan as ‘Mrs. Maisel.’ Source: YouTube screenshot)
Craving more episodes of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, whose Amazon pilot has proven marvelously popular?
Amazon Prime has just scheduled its first season launch for Wednesday, November 29 – but still with no indication of how many episodes you’ll be able to binge!
That’s particularly interesting since earlier this year Amazon made a big deal about The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel receiving an unprecedented two-season order — without revealing how many episodes would constitute a season.
Prime subscribers will find out November 29, if not earlier, by visiting Amazon’s Mrs. Maisel page. Anyone meanwhile can still watch the pilot absolutely free. The pilot garnered an average customer rating of 4.9 (out of 5), with 93% being 5-star reviews, Amazon said.
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, created, written and directed by Amy Sherman-Palladino (Gilmore Girls) and executive produced by Daniel Palladino (Family Guy), stars House of Cards’ Rachel Brosnahan as Miriam “Midge” Maisel, a housewife in 1958 Manhattan whose “perfect life suddenly takes an unexpected turn.” That’s when Midge “discovers” a talent for comedy “that takes her from her comfortable life on Riverside Drive through the basket houses and nightclubs of Greenwich Village” all the way “to a spot on Johnny Carson’s couch.”
Boardwalk Empire’s Michael Zegen is Midge’s husband Joel Maisel, Family Guy’s Alex Borstein is Susie Myerson, Monk’s Tony Shalhoub is Midge’s father Abe Weinberg, and Two and a Half Men’s Marin Hinkle is her mother Rose.
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021
- A Look at Local Now - April 23, 2021
- ‘Secrets of the Whales’ - April 22, 2021