(Pictured above: William Fichtner and Richard Kind)
When we first learned that The Carney Awards would be televised this year, we were happy that someone still cared enough to honor the country’s best carnival barkers. Then we learned that The Carney Awards actually venerate great character actors. So we were even more pleased!
This year’s Carney Awards will be held Sunday, October 29, in Santa Monica, and shown over-the-air by Cozi TV on Saturday, December 2, at 9 pm ET. And we already know the five honorees:
William Fichtner, practically the definition of character actor, since you may not know the name but you’ll recognize the face:
Richard Kind, best known for his regular roles in the sitcoms Mad About You and Spin City, is currently in the Amazon Prime series Red Oaks, whose third season launches next Friday, October 20. Here’s a scene from Spin City (ABC, 1996-2002):
Oh yes, about that name: The Carney Awards are named after the one and only Art Carney.
Best known for his comedic turn in The Honeymooners but also an Oscar-winning Best Actor for Harry and Tonto (1974), here he is playing President Franklin Delano Roosevelt in a 1960 TV drama The Right Man.
To find where to watch Cozi TV, visit Get Cozi TV.
- Japan: ‘Cat Nation’ - February 23, 2018
- ‘Paw Patrol’ Joins Noggin - February 23, 2018
- Acorn’s ‘Ackley Bridge’ - February 22, 2018
- ‘Cut the Chord’ - February 22, 2018
- Depardieu’s ‘Marseilles’ - February 21, 2018
- The Zen of Streaming - February 21, 2018
- ‘The Stall’ on Amazon - February 20, 2018
- A Primer on BLK Prime - February 19, 2018
- Israeli Self-Defense - February 19, 2018
- Philip Glass Live - February 16, 2018