Over-the-air channel Buzzr will honor Monty Hall, who died this week at 96, with a marathon tribute this weekend. From 11:30 am ET tomorrow, October 7, through 2 am Sunday, you can binge on multiple episodes of Hall’s most famous show, Let’s Make a Deal, and the Hall-hosted The All-New Beat the Clock. The tribute will also include two episodes of Tattletales featuring Hall and his wife as contestants.
Buzzr hasn’t provided the exact schedule for its Hall tribute, but we suspect it might incorporate the original pilot of Let’s Make a Deal, along with clips from the channel’s 2015 conversation between Hall and current Let’s Make a Deal host Wayne Brady. Buzzr also plans to provide info on donating to UNICEF, chosen by Hall’s family to “carry on the beloved host’s legacy of giving.”
The Let’s Make a Deal pilot follows (spoiler alert: no wacky costumes in this episode).
The first iteration of Let’s Make A Deal, which Hall co-created and hosted, ran from 1963-1975. The All New Beat the Clock aired in 1979. Hall and his wife guested on several episodes of Tattletales in 1974 and 1975.
Before Let’s Make a Deal, Hall hosted Video Village from 1960-1962. It’s not included in Buzzr’s tribute, so The Savvy Screener is happy to include an episode right here:
To find where to watch Buzzr’s Hall tribute, go to buzzrplay.com, click on “Find Buzzr in Your Area,” and enter your zip code.
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021
- A Look at Local Now - April 23, 2021
- ‘Secrets of the Whales’ - April 22, 2021
- ‘Philly D.A.’ Docuseries - April 20, 2021