(Pictured above: ‘#WhatsHappening’ Host Bree Essrig)
In an age when both world leaders and celebrities trash talk in 144 characters or less, it seems only fitting that Twitter itself would launch a primetime show rehashing the day’s events through the prism of hashtags.
Produced by Propogate, #WhatsHappening (not to be confused with the 1970s’ sitcom) will start streaming live on Twitter, Monday, October 9, at 8:30 pm ET. Hosted by YouTube personality Bree Essrig, the Monday through Friday show promises to deliver “the most relevant stories” as determined by tweets, GIFs, clips and conversations. Topics covered will include TV, film, comedy, sports, pop culture and, of course, politics.
Toyota Camry will sponsor a “Feel of the Day” segment, looking at “the most emotional Twitter responses.”
You’ll be able to view the show on Twitter via @HappeningDaily.
- Father and Son Serial Killers? - May 17, 2021
- Epic Flight to Freedom - May 14, 2021
- Wanda Sykes’ Netflix Sitcom - May 12, 2021
- Live Longer and Prosper - May 10, 2021
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021