(Pictured above: Tim Meadows)
The show, starring Saturday Night Live alum Tim Meadows and No Activity co-creator Patrick Brammall, is “set against the world of a major drug cartel bust” yet “celebrates the mundane.” The story “follows two low-level cops who have spent far too much time in a car together; two criminals who are largely kept in the dark; two dispatch workers who haven’t really clicked; and two Mexican tunnelers who are in way too small a space considering they’ve only just met.”
Guest stars will include Halt and Catch Fire’s Mackenzie Davis, comedian Will Ferrell, Breaking Bad’s Jesse Plemons, comedian Amy Sedaris and Whiplash’s J.K. Simmons.
Ferrell and Adam McKay are executive producers, with Trent O’Donnell as the other co-creator.
No Activity is a remake of a 12-episode comedy series of the same name that ran on the Australian streaming service Stan in 2015 and 2016. Indeed, Brammall and O’Donnell were co-creators – and Brammall a star – of that version as well.
How closely will the American series resemble its Australian cousin? Have a look at the trailers below:
American version with Patrick Brammall and Tim Meadows
Australian version with Patrick Brammall and Darren Gilshenan
- Father & Son Serial Killers? - May 17, 2021
- Epic Flight to Freedom - May 14, 2021
- Wanda Sykes’ Netflix Sitcom - May 12, 2021
- Live Longer and Prosper - May 10, 2021
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021