(Pictured above: Scene from ‘Spiral.’ Source: YouTube screenshot)
A live-action snail takes an epic five-minute journey in Spiral, which yesterday won Nat Geo Wild’s RED Challenge at the Jackson Hole Wildlife Film Festival Awards in Wyoming.
Here’s the film:
You can also stream Spiral, plus three other contest finalists, right now on RED Digital Cinema’s YouTube channel. The other films include Wildlife and the Wall, focusing on how President Trump’s proposed US/Mexico border would impact the area’s wildlife; and The Call of the Sky, about the escapism of bird watching.
Red Digital, a manufacturer of digital camera equipment, partnered with Nat Geo Wild in the competition, which lent RED cameras to selected wildlife filmmakers to create natural history short films. As the winner, Spiral’s creator Samuel Guiton gets a camera and other equipment valued at $75,000.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021