(Pictured above: ‘Get Smart’s’ Don Adams, Barbi Benton and Hefner gather at the piano during an episode of ‘Playboy After Dark’)
On the other hand, if you want to focus on Hugh M. Hefner, TV host, you’ve come to the right place!
Hefner hosted two syndicated series during Playboy magazine’s heyday. The first, Playboy’s Penthouse, debuted in 1959, resulting in 44 hour-long episodes. The second, Playboy After Dark, appeared 10 years later, running for 49 weeks.
So grab a cocktail and party with Hef in Playboy’s Penthouse, featuring guest Lenny Bruce:
Then get groovy with two episodes of Playboy after Dark, featuring Ike and Tina Turner, Sammy Davis Jr., Patty Duke, other celebrity guests and, of course, lots of beautiful women – including the ubiquitous Barbi Benton by Hefner’s side. (Note: the following video is erroneously titled Playboy’s Penthouse, but you’ll see Playboy After Dark!)
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021