(Source for picture above: YouTube screenshot)
In addition to Full House, Friday will mark Hulu’s debut of four other series that originally ran during ABC’s Friday night “TGIF” programming block in the 1990s: Family Matters (215 episodes), Step by Step (160), Perfect Strangers (150) and Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper (101).
“Now, it can be Friday any day of the week on Hulu,” said Craig Erwich, the service’s senior vice president of content.
A lot of days, in fact. We’ve done the math already – the five series encompass 819 total episodes, which at a half-hour each come out to 409.5 hours, or over 17 days of Friday night recreations. If you want to copy a typical 1990s’ Friday night viewing experience, you can check out the old ABC lineups on Wikipedia.
But what about some of the missing “TGIF” shows, in particular Boy Meets World and its 158 episodes? That series was produced by Disney, so wasn’t included in the Warner Bros. deal which brought the other five sitcoms to Hulu. To binge Boy Meets World, you’d have to buy them at Amazon, YouTube, Google Play or other transactional sites. The price: $1.99 per episode, or complete seasons from $14.99.
Btw, “TGIF” officially stood for “Thank Goodness It’s Funny,” not “Thank God It’s Friday.”
Netflix last week launched the third season of Fuller House to coincide with the 30th anniversary of Full House’s premiere.
- Emily Watson’s ‘Too Close’ - May 17, 2021
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021