Attention fans of the quirky British series Doc Martin: Episode one of season eight will arrive on subscription streaming service Acorn TV this Thursday, September 21, a day after debuting on ITV in the UK. The remainder of the eight-episode season will premiere subsequent Thursdays through November 9.
Martin Clunes stars in Doc Martin as a “tactless, self-centered, and uptight” doctor in a quirky Cornwall seaside town.
The highlight of Thursday’s episode is destined to be remembered as one of TV’s classic wedding scenes. In typical Doc Martin fashion, it mixes hilarious situations with serious medical drama: Bridesmaids collapse from a mysterious ailment, an extremely nervous curate presides over her first nuptials, and the groom’s own health issue delays…not, as he thinks, a blissful union, but rather an inevitable ditch at the altar. Here’s a clip, via ITV:
The ninth and final season of Doc Martin is scheduled for 2019, also on Acorn TV, where the entire first seven seasons (54 episodes) are available now. Non-Acorn subscribers will eventually be able to watch season eight on public TV, where season seven is now running.
Bonus: Stream scenes from dozens of other memorable TV weddings – from The Big Bang Theory and The Brady Bunch to General Hospital and Bones – at The Daily Beast and Ranker.com. Here’s an awkward wedding that made both lists:
- Tulsa Race Massacre, 1921 - May 18, 2021
- Emily Watson’s ‘Too Close’ - May 17, 2021
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021