Meet Marquee, an upcoming subscription streaming service for the performing arts. Promising dance, opera, theater, music, and documentaries from around the world, Marquee’s website and promo video (below) say it’s launching in summer 2017 – which, barring a delay, would mean during the next week or so.
What can you expect to see on Marquee? You can get an idea by checking out the service’s content on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter, and on a predecessor service called Tendu. Here, from Facebook, is an excerpt from Gene Kelly’s ballet “Pas de Dieux,” which will be on Marquee at launch:
In addition to the web, Marquee promises availability on iOS, Android, Chromecast, LG TVs, Xbox One, Samsung, Amazon, Playstation and Roku.
Visit marqueearts.tv for more info. Once there, you can also enter your email address for “early access,” and use promo code MRQEFB for a special rate. Regular rates were not provided.
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021
- A Look at Local Now - April 23, 2021
- ‘Secrets of the Whales’ - April 22, 2021
- ‘Philly D.A.’ Docuseries - April 20, 2021